Support our Society
The Genealogical Society of Marion County (Indiana) is an all-volunteer, non-profit corporation financed solely by membership dues and donations. It has been recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
A COPY OF OUR OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE
(Indiana Registration Control #: 1996010350)
Please consider supporting our Society in one or more of the following ways:
Make a Charitable Contribution online or by Mail
Online donations using PayPal are safe, secure and easy- you don't even need to set up
an account. Just select your donation type below and you are redirected to PayPal where
you can use your credit or debit card online.
- Asset Donations
There are several avenues available to contribute tangible assets
- to the Genealogical Society of Marion County:
- New or used genealogy books - Share genealogy books by donating them to the Genealogical Society of Marion County. Books not yet held in the GSMC Library will be added to the collection. These books will be available to help fellow genealogists.
Books that are a duplicate of ones already held in the GSMC Library collection will be placed in future GSMC used book sales, offered for sale on eBay etc, or returned to the donor (if so requested). These sales raise funds for the Society
- Employer matching gifts Many companies have 'matching gift' plans that match donations made by employees and retirees of the company to nonprofit organizations. The procedure is simple. Just fill out your company's 'matching gift' form and send it along with your check to Genealogical Society of Marion County.
- Memorial gifts
Honor and remember a loved one with a memorial gift in their name sent to the Genealogical Society of Marion County.
- Other ways to contribute
There are many other ways to contribute to the Genealogical Society of Marion County. To support our society's mission objectives please consider one of these:
- Bequests (in a will or living trust)
- Charitable remainder trusts
- Gifts of life insurance
- Gifts of real estate
- Gifts of securities
You may want to consult with your financial advisor about making a contribution to the Genealogical Society of Marion County.